Below you will find a list of river related links for river flows,permit information, Grand Canyon Information, whitewater clubs, Sea Kayak clubs and Outfitters. Please let us know if there are other good links out there that we should know about.
- Magic Seaweed This is a great free site where you can get current and 5 day wind, wave and tidal data and forecasts for Northern California or Ireland or Chile or……
- Storm Surf Another good free site for getting weather conditions for your next outing.
- SF Bay Conditions
River Permit Information
- American Whitewater Permit Page Has links to all the major river permitting sites – good place to start.
- BLM Rogue Site This is a great site for checking on permit information and available dates on the Wild and Scenic Section of the Rogue River.
- Idaho 4 Rivers This site has info in permits for the Main Salmon, Middle Fork Salmon, Selway and Hells canyon of the Snake.
- Green River Information on permits for Desolation / Gray Canyon of the Green River in Utah.
- Yampa and Green Information on permits for the Yampa and the Lodore Canyon of the Green.
- San Juan Permit information for the San Juan River in Utah.
- Colorado River Grand Canyon Colorado River permit information.
- Southeast Alaska / BC Information on the Tashenshini / Alsek Rivers in Alaska and BC.
- Smith River Permit information for this classic Montana float.
- Salt Tonto National Forrest site for permit applications on the Salt in AZ
Grand Canyon Information
- Cocina del Rio Cocina del Rio can professionally outfit all your food packing needs for an extended river trip. Its good food, plenty of it and not a lot of time spent in the kitchen!
- Moenkopi RIverworks We can outfit you for a full Grand Canyon trip or just a leisurely float down a day section. We carry only the best gear, (as used by commercial river companies) and as being working owners we will be with you every step of the way.
- PRO PRO provides equipment, shuttles and food packs to private boaters with their own permits and expertise. We specialize in noncommercial Grand Canyon River Trips.
- Canyon REO Canyon REO provides outfitting services to private permittees through the Grand Canyon.
- Ceiba Adventures Our river outfitting services are designed to assist you and your group in experiencing the ultimate Grand Canyon private river trip. Ceiba also outfits other rivers in the Southwest.
Sea Kayak Clubs
- BASK Bay Area Sea Kayakers
- Petaluma Paddlers a community of paddle sport enthusiasts in the Petaluma area
- NWRA Northwest Rafters Association home page.
- Grand Canyon Private Boaters Association This site is full of information about running the Grand Canyon.
- Bruce Gordon Cycles Ok so this link does not have much to do with water but Bruce is our neighbor here at Clavey and he builds the finest hand made touring bikes in the world.
If you are looking to go on a commercial river trip here are a few select outfitters that we feel run the safest and most comprehensive trips.
- All Outdoors California Whitewater Rafting has 35 years of experience running river trips in California. We offer half-day, one, two and three day rafting adventures on twelve of California’s Best Rivers. Use this website to research and book your next whitewater adventure!
- Middle Fork, Main Salmon, and Rogue River Rafting Idaho and Oregon River Journeys offers deluxe river trips on three legendary western rivers. In Oregon, we have rafting trips on the famous Rogue River. In Idaho, we run river trips on the Middle Fork of the Salmon and Main Salmon.
- Kern River Rafting Trips Kern River Outfitters has been outfitting on the Kern since 1980 and has trips for every ability and interest. Just a few hours from Los Angeles, the Kern River features miles and miles of varying whitewater rafting runs with Class II to Class V rapids.”
- Class VI River Runners West Virginia’s premier whitewater outfitter, Class VI runs adventure and family trips on the New and Gauley rivers. Class VI is the only outfitter that guarantees your satisfaction!
- Arta We are a non-profit corporation, founded in 1963. Our goal is to conduct safe whitewater rafting trips which promote a sense of involvement and fulfillment, foster an appreciation for the wilderness, are legendary in their professionalism and satisfaction, and are a great deal of fun.
- Echo River Trips We run river trips, and we are excited to be doing so for 30 years. Top quality trips, like anything else, don’t just happen. They are the result of careful planning, good organization, great guides and a lot of hard work — all combined this makes every trip special for all the different kinds of people (that’s you!) who are participating.
- Zephyr Whitewater The best of California whitewater rafting is what you will find at Zephyr Whitewater Expeditions. We are one of California’s original and most experienced whitewater rafting outfitters. For 34 years, we have offered exceptional California whitewater trips on the Kings, Tuolumne, Merced, and American rivers, all near Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, and Kings Canyon/Sequoia National Parks.
- James Henry River Journeys Since 1973 James Henry River Journeys has been introducing adventurous souls to the delights of whitewater river travel on Alaska, Oregon, California, and Idaho rivers. From the excitement of challenging whitewater to the serenity of moving water, we’ve provided unique educational trips for individuals and families seeking fun-filled, adventure-oriented, vacations on the finest rivers of the American West and Alaska.
- Wilderness Aware Rafting Rafting on 5 rivers in Colorado including the popular Arkansas River and Arizona’s Upper Salt River Canyon. Challenging whitewater, family floats, wilderness rafting expeditions. Established 1976
- River Time Guide Service Rafting trips on the Main Salmon in Idaho.
- RUBICON is a Sonoma County company that has been running rivers since 1971. Established and operated by experienced, professional guides, we run our trips with the proven notion that the best way to enjoy the experience is to participate!
- Rafting in Russia and Siberia “We are a California based river outfitter that runs rafting and kayaking trips in the Former Soviet Union, namely Russia and Siberia.We provide the American standard of river running to commercial trips in this unknown land.”
- Sunshine Rafting Adventures “providing river rafting trips on the Stanislaus River out of Knights Ferry, CA for over 25 years”.
- Indigo Creek Outfitters Based out of Ashland, Oregon, runs phenomenal whitewater rafting trips on Southern Oregon’s Rogue River.